A four-year partnership with Defence Science and Technology Group (DST) will see AMSI Intern place up to 100 PhD interns with Defence. From late 2017, some of Australia’s brightest PhDs will undertake 3-5 month projects to build essential industry research skills at the frontline of national security innovation. With a focus on gender equity, the internships are open to all eligible STEM PhD students with support from the Department of Education and Training through the Supporting more women in STEM careers: AMSI Intern—National Research Internship Program.
“AMSI Intern’s national internship program is a great opportunity to harness the potential of graduates with STEM qualifications. We at DST are very excited by this initiative and have stepped up to take advantage of this opportunity,” said Dr Alek Zelinsky, Chief Defence Scientist, DST.
Students – must be able to secure a baseline clearance and be an Australian citizen.
DST Group Employees – guidelines are currently in development. Please contact AMSIIntern or DST on the below details.
- IP stays with the business
- Student’s payroll, insurance and public liability covered by the University
- No employment requirements
- Bring new talent & skills to the business
- Short, tailored 3-5 month projects for quick implementation of results
- Access to an academic mentor with specialist knowledge
- Matching all sectors with all disciplines
HOW IT WORKS
* THE FINE PRINT
- 50% rebate will only be granted to industry partners once all agreed milestones and reporting outlined in the project contract are completed and approved by AMSI Intern.
- 50% rebate is calculated before on-costs, such as payroll and other taxes and superannuation guarantee.
- PhD student must have full-time enrolment status at an Australian university.
- The total number of rebates offered are limited, and subject to targets in relation to domestic participation and gender equality. Rebates will be offered at the discretion of AMSI Intern.
- DST requirements will be applicable and are currently in development.
FIND OUT MORE
Phone: (03) 8344 1785 (+61 3 8344 1785 from outside Australia)
Post: AMSI Intern, Level 2, 21 Bedford Street
North Melbourne, VIC, 3051, Australia
For all DST enquiries please contact:
Science Outreach and Inclusion
Defence Science & Technology Group
T: 03 9626 8897