With the support of the Australian Government, the AMSI Intern program will deliver 1400 PhD student internships into industry over four years.
This program will generate new partnerships with both industry and universities across Australia, including rural and regional universities, and provide direct support to industry partners taking on PhD interns.
These new government research vouchers are now available for industry to access. Eligible industry partners will receive a rebate of 50% off the industry partner’s contribution to the following components of the internship:
- Student’s payment/stipend
- Academic Mentor’s payment
- AMSI Intern facilitation
Vouchers are open to all small-to-medium and large sized organisations from all sectors. A 50% rebate will be granted to all industry partners who achieve agreed milestones and reporting outlined in the project contract.
- IP stays with the business
- Student’s payroll, insurance and public liability covered by the university
- No employment requirements
- Bring new talent & skills to the business
- Short, tailored 3-5 month projects for quick implementation of results
- Access to an academic mentor with specialist knowledge
- Matching all sectors with all disciplines
HOW IT WORKS
* THE FINE PRINT
- 50% rebate will only be granted to industry partners once all agreed milestones and reporting outlined in the project contract are completed and approved by AMSI Intern.
- 50% rebate is calculated before on-costs, such as payroll and other taxes and superannuation guarantee.
- PhD student must have full-time enrolment status an at an Australian university.
- The total number of rebates offered are limited, and subject to targets in relation to domestic participation and gender equality. Rebates will be offered at the discretion of AMSI Intern.